Do it yourself doesn't mean do it alone.
Filmmaker Jen Lee profiles ten independent artists who turn friendships and virtual connections into real-world collaborations. Explore the benefits and challenges of creating independently, how to find like-minded others and what’s possible when makers join forces to create together.
- Jonatha Brooke (singer/songwriter)
- Kelly Barton (artist/designer)
- Jolie Guillebeau (artist/author)
- Liz Kalloch (artist/designer)
- Liz Lamoreux (artist/author)
- Christine Mason Miller (artist/author)
- Winterbloom (singer/songwriters Antje Duvekot, Anne Heaton, Meg Hutchinson, and Natalia Zukerman)
Director: Jen Lee
Genre: Social & Cultural Documentary, Art & Design
Themes: creativity, connection, collaboration, DIY culture and art
Runtime and Rating: 50 minutes, Mature Audiences
Watch the trailer:
Jen Lee is the producer and director of Indie Kindred, a documentary about creative collaboration among independent artists. She is also a publisher, media producer and a performer in New York City's storytelling scene. Jen has been featured on the Peabody Award-winning Moth Radio Hour, and in The Best of The Moth: Volume 15.
Jen creates soulful-meets-artful resources for off-map thinkers and makers at jenleeproductions.com and is a sought-after mentor and guide for workshops and retreats unleashing creative expression.